We are at the end of 2016. I’ve performed 90 weddings this year in the Ottawa-Gatineau area. Here are 25 wedding cakes that I’ve seen. What you can say is that each reflects the bride and groom.
I’ve observed the following trends:
- Cupcakes and donuts seem to be decreasing in popularity
- The wedding cake is part of the sweets table
- The wedding cake is featured along with home baked goods
- The layered wedding cake is most popular
- Many brides and grooms are also going for the No Cake option
Best wishes to the brides and grooms of 2017 in choose their cakes.