1. Have a pre-wedding field day so your groomsmen and bridesmaids can get acquainted with one another.
Also perfect for a joint couple’s shower.
2. Add a line for a DJ song request on your RSVP cards.
5. For a brunch reception, serve up a waffle bar.
6. For seriously rad photo ops, give out sparklers as favors.
8. Incorporate your love story into the aisle runner.
Chalk marker on black paper works too.
9. Hire a rad food truck for a late-night snack.
According to Pinterest: “IN-N-OUT will rent you a truck for 1K fully stocked with a cooking team for the day. Perfect for a midnight snack at a wedding!” (You can contact their event services to verify this.)
11. Have your very own beer bar.
With spigots and everything!
13. Get everyone to dance on a GLITTER DANCE FLOOR.
14. Instead of wedding favors, let people fill up bags with the candy of their choice.
15. Include an inspirational quote from vodka.
16. Leave out advice cards near the guestbook or on the dinner tables.
18. Let people DIY their own confetti combo.
And be sure to include lots and lots of sequins.
19. Decorate the bathrooms with childhood photos.
20. Keep the program simple and to the point.
21. Play a game of “flip cup” for your after-party.
Bridesmaids vs. groomsmen! Girls vs. guys! Old people vs. young people!
22. Be dance-floor-ready in seconds with a transformer wedding dress.
24. Put crayons at the kids table.
25. Forgo confetti for pom-poms.
Megan and Seth Photography / Via theknot.com
Your photos will be so much more colorful.
26. Have a ball pit.
Instead of having a height restriction, you might want to restrict the level of drunkenness.
27. Lose the bartender and serve your alcohol in water coolers.
28. For dessert, display an ice cream bar.
Perfect for a summer wedding.
29. Or just have everyone dive face-first into a 10-foot-long banana split.
I promise you it will cost less than a $500 wedding cake.