Love is in the air at the Abaco Beach Resort on Great Abaco Island and there’s no better place in the sun-kissed Bahamas to celebrate a destination wedding or honeymoon. Couples will find everything they’ve dreamed about to create a memorable celebration and their family and friends can take part in the happy occasion.
The personal wedding coordinators at Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina have identified “five essentials” to a perfect wedding celebration and will expertly guide the bride and groom towards marital bliss using these five principles.
1. Easy Access: A great destination wedding must have easy access by plane or boat. The Marsh Harbour Airport on Great Abaco Island is less than an hour from Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach and welcomes direct service from many other gateway cities every day. (Just announced – Delta will begin new service on Tuesdays and Fridays between Atlanta and Marsh Harbour starting in December) For those who wish to arrive by sea, the resort’s Boat Harbour Marina offers slips at reduced rates for groups attending weddings at the resort. And, don’t forget, off-peak season pricing in the Bahamas can result in significant savings. Watch for special sales promotions for fantastic off-season deals.
2. Hassle-free planning: Couples have their own personal wedding coordinator on-site who is just an email or phone call away during the planning stages. With five wedding packages to choose from and unique customization flourishes welcome, the bride and groom can personalize their service to reflect their own distinctive style.http://abacobeachresort.com/weddings/packages/ Plus, the resorts’ award-winning culinary team will create spectacular menus designed to meet all budgets. And, here’s some good news. There’s a quick turnaround for marriage licenses in the Bahamas. Couples can marry after just two days in-country which can result in significant savings compared to other foreign venues.
3. Stunning locale: Choices abound on the beautiful 40-acre Abaco Beach Resort. The bride and groom can pledge their love on a romantic beach; in a spectacular garden; under a pool-side gazebo or on the resort’s expansive covered patio. For larger parties, an air-conditioned outdoor pavilion offers an elegant setting accommodating up to 400 guests. What’s more, The Abacos are an archipelago offering dozens of quaint cays and secluded islands for pre-wedding parties, intimate ceremonies and unforgettable wedding experiences.
4. Dollar value: A destination wedding is the perfect opportunity to trim the guest list and streamline external vendors to minimize add-on costs. The spectacular beauty of the Abaco Beach Resort with its’ natural ocean backdrop and all the exotic blooms in the landscaped gardens practically eliminates the need for expensive flowers and decorations. And, since the Bahamian dollar is on par with U.S. currency, there is less likelihood of any discrepancy between quotes and billing or exchange rate fluctuations.
5. Unrivaled experiences: Abaco Beach Resort offers a wonderful getaway for the entire wedding party. The music, the food; the culture and the friendly Bahamian people make sightseeing, shopping, lounging on the beach and all those endless opportunities for water-based activities and excursions even more unique and memorable. And, here’s a wedding tip that’s sure to please – Abaco Beach Resort participates with a number of wedding registries that now offer opportunities for wedding guests to purchase experiences for the newlyweds to enjoy on their honeymoon. Family and friends can purchase breakfast in bed; a spa treatment, stand-up paddleboard lessons; a sightseeing excursion or a romantic dinner for two on a private island, among other choices. It’s a fun way for couples to accumulate memories in lieu of material gifts.
With their five easy steps to the perfect wedding in place, couples can relax and enjoy an unforgettable experience surrounded by loved ones. Whether it’s an intimate service for a few or lavish affair for a few hundred, the Abaco Beach Resort & Boat Harbour Marina makes this momentous “I do” occasion a dream come true.
For more information, please visit www.abacobeachresort.com.