The Ottawa Wedding Awards recognizes the leaders in the industry who have demonstrated the very best creativity, imagination, and service throughout the year. Nominees were voted and at a gala event, on May 28th, 2014 at the Ottawa Conference and Event Centre the winners were announced.
It was an amazing event. Over 280 people attended the first Ottawa Wedding Awards. Sponsored by Quality Entertainment, Ottawa Wedding Magazine and Ottawa Conference and Event Centre it was a night to behold. It was a wonderful opportunity to meet up with all the top wedding vendors in Ottawa.
I asked Brian Henry, president of Quality Entertainment, why he started this. “It is an opportunity for couples to recognize those vendors that made their day special – a way of saying thank you. The best vendors make a big difference in people’s lives and we need to appreciate that as a community and an industry.”
Here are the winners by category:
- Bridal Fashions: With Love Bridal Boutique
- Caterer: Thyme & Again
- Décor: Sage Designs
- Disc Jockey Service: Dynamix Productions
- Florist: Ottawa Flowers
- Limousine Service: East Coast Limos
- Live Music: Sway Band
- Officiant: Lynne and Keith – Exceptional Ceremonies
- Outdoor Reception Venue: Strathmere
- Photo Booth: Flashpoint Photobooth
- Photographer: Barbara Ann Studios
- Reception Venue – Banquet Hall: Sala San Marco
- Reception Venue Beyond Ottawa: Fairmont Chateau Montebello
- Stylist – Hair and Make Up: Madisons Studio Spa
- Supplier: Mastermind Events
- Sweets, Treats and Cakes: Sugar & Spice Custom Cakes
- Unique Reception Venue: Museum of Nature
- Videographer: Photography and Films by Eduardo
- Wedding Planner: Starfish
In addition two special awards were handed out. The new Tsirmpa Award recognizing outstanding community leadership within the wedding industry was given to Dominique Levesque.
Finally, the Wedding of the Year Award was granted to Stonefield’s Heritage Farms. They gathered the following vendors for this special wedding; DJ: Quality Entertainment, Caterer: Thyme and Again Creative Catering, Photographer: Kandid Wedding Photography, Linen Supplier: Mastermind Event Rentals, Officiant: Gord Marriage, Wedding Dress: Simply Beautiful Bridal Gowns (Arnprior, ON), Cake: Cakeland Creations.
I was chatting with Brian Henry before the event started. He said, “I don’t want to call it the First Annual Ottawa Wedding Awards because I may not do this again!” With such a glorious gala, great attendance, and super atmosphere, I have a feeling he may change his mind. See you next year.